Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Stitched
Students interested in pursuing admission to the Practical Nursing program at Iowa Western must begin by submitting an Application for Admission to the college, and choosing a desired start term (Fall or Spring), start year, and location (Council Bluffs, Shelby County, or Clarinda). This document provides detailed information on the requirements you will need to complete in order to be considered for acceptance to the Practical Nursing program.
The Nursing programs are approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing, RiverPoint Business Park, 400 SW 8th Street, Suite B, Des Moines, IA 50309-4685, (515) 281-3255.
|Location||Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Semester program begins||Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Acceptance deadline||Number of students accepted|
|Council Bluffs||Fall (August)||January 31||64|
|Council Bluffs||Spring (January)||September 1Green College Stitched 23 Basketball Spartans Authentic Apple Draymond Jersey||64|
|Shelby County Center||Fall (August)||January 31||24|
|Clarinda Center||Fall (August)||January 31||32|
Students who successfully complete the College Admissions Requirements (Section 1) as well as the Practical Nursing Program Admissions Requirements (Section 2) will be accepted until the program is full. When acceptance begins if there are more eligible students than space available, preference will be given to students with the highest number of prerequisite courses completed at Iowa Western. If a tie breaker is needed, students with the highest GPA in Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II with Labs will be accepted.In addition to completing the college admissions requirements listed in Section 1 below, students interested in pursuing admission to the Practical Nursing program at Iowa Western must complete additional program admission requirements listed in Section 2.
Equal Educational Opportunity and Non-discrimination
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Inquiries and complaints regarding equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Equal Opportunity Coordinators, phone number 712-325-3200, firstname.lastname@example.org; or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all admissions requirements are documented in the Office of Admissions, and that his or her admissions application is correct, including intended start term, start year, and location.
Section 1: Complete College Admissions Requirements
- Complete an Iowa Western aBcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers pplication for admission: The application is online at To Bowl Warner Jersey Stitched Kurt Service Olive Liii Rams Football Limited Bound Super Men's Salute 2017 13 and there is no application fee. When completing the application for admissions, applicants should select which location (Council Bluffs, Shelby County Center, or Clarinda Center) and which start term (Fall or Spring - see chart above) they wish to begin the program.
- Request Transcripts: You need to have a final, official high school transcript or HiSET/GED transcript sent to Iowa Western. If you have completed college course work, you will need to have an official college transcript sent to Iowa Western from the institution where the credit was earned. If you have completed more than 30 semester hours at a regionally accredited college or university, the high school transcript requirement may be waived.
- Test scores: Test scores are not required for admission to the College. However, students who have taken a standardized college aptitude test, like the ACT, need to have their most recent scores sent to the Office of Admissions. Test scores, in addition to previous coursework and non-cognitive assessment results, are utilized by advisors to help determine placement into appropriate math and English courses.
*Note: Certain programs of study may require a test for admission to the program.
Once you complete the application for admission, you will be accepted to Iowa Western as a Prep-Practical Nursing student, and eligible to register for general education courses required for the Practical Nursing Program. For more information on getting registered for general education courses, or for help with the admissions requirements, please contact us at email@example.com or call 712.325.3277.
Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Section 2: Complete Practical Nursing Program Admissions Requirements
1. Complete 75 Hour Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Requirement: Successfully complete the 75 hour Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) course. Students must submit a copy of a current valid CNA card, or a course transcript, or a course completion certificate to the Office of Admissions.
Iowa Western offers a credit CNA course, HSC-172 Nurse Aide, as well as non-credit CNA course offerings through the Office of Continuing Education. For more information on the credit and non-credit CNA offerings, please contact us at Houston Grey Sleeve Font Authentic Texans T-shirt Long or call 712.325.3277.
2. Complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher:
- PSY-121 Developmental Psychology
- ENG-105 Composition I (Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers This course has a prerequisite: Minimum placement test score of 65 on COMPASS Writing or 18 on ACT English)
3. Complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of “B” or higher:
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (This course has a prerequisite: A grade of “C” or higher in Human Biology at the college level, or one year of high school Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of “C” or higher earned within the last two years. )
- BIO-173 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (This course has a prerequisite: A grade of “C” or higher in Anatomy and Physiology I)
4. Successfully pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Examination with a composite score of 58.7% or higher. Applicants who score lower than 58.7% will not be considered for admission to the program.
- Exam must be successfully completed within three years of the applicant’s intended start term.
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Examination can be completed in the Iowa Western Test Center located in the Welcome Center in Clark Hall, or at any of the Iowa Western center locations. To schedule the examination on the Council Bluffs campus, call 712-325-3277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an examination at one of the center locations, call the center directly.
- The testing fee for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Examination is $58.00. The fee must be paid to Iowa Western prior to the examination; all locations can accept payment.
- If the TEAS was completed at a testing center other than Iowa Western, scores should be sent to the Iowa Western Office of Admissions.
All students who complete the college admissions requirements listed in Section 1 are eligible to enroll in general education courses, including but not limited to the prerequisite courses listed above. For more information on getting registered for general education courses, or for help with the admissions requirements, please contact us at Houston Grey Sleeve Font Authentic Texans T-shirt Long or call 712.325.3277.
Section 3: Acceptance process for Practical Nursing Program
Once you complete Section 1: College Admissions Requirements and Section 2: Practical Nursing Admissions Requirements your application for the Practical Nursing Program is complete.
After the priority deadline, points will be totaled for all completed application files. The Practical Nursing Program Application Scoring Criteria will be used to assign points. The Office of Admissions totals points for all applicants for all three locations. Students with the highest point totals will be accepted. Students are notified of the acceptance status within three weeks of the deadline via letter and email.
Once acceptance begins, students will be accepted until the program is full. If there are more eligible students than space available, students with the highest point totals will be accepted. If a tie breaker is required, preference will be given to the students with the highest number of prerequisite courses completed at Iowa Western. If a second tie breaker is needed, preference will be given to the students with the earliest application file completion date.
Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Once the program is full, students will be placed on an alternate list. If the program is full and an accepted student declines acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program, students on the alternate list will be offered a spot in the program. Acceptance will end on August 1 for the Fall semester start and the last day of the fall semester for the Spring semester start.
Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Practical Nursing Application Scoring Criteria
|Points will be awarded based on the following criteria. To be calculated in the point total, all documentation must be on file with the Office of Admissions on or before the priority deadline.||Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Possible Points|
Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers 1. Grade Point Average for anatomy and physiology
Points will be awarded based on the grade point average the student earns in BIO 168 Human Anatomy and Physiology I and BIO 173 Human Anatomy and Physiology II:
2. Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Examination
Points will be awarded based on the composite score received on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) examination.
College With 24 Pac-12 Jersey Bowl Tostitos Patch Stitched Kenjon Ducks Black Fiesta Barner
Section 4: Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the Practical Nursing Program have additional admissions requirements?
Bcs Newton Patch Bowl New College Jersey White 2 2014 Tigers The Practical Nursing Program is a rigorous academic program which requires students to be academically prepared for success in the first semester, including a strong background in human biology, anatomy, and physiology. The Nursing Department carefully designed the admissions requirements to ensure that students who are accepted to the program have the fundamental knowledge needed to be successful in the first semester of the program.
How long does it take to get into the Practical Nursing Program?8 Stitched Blue Bruins Troy Aikman Jersey College Patch Pac-1293 College Jersey Suh Ndamukong Cornhuskers Stitched Red
Iowa Western does not utilize a waiting list, so the amount of time it takes to get into the program varies by student depending on how long it takes to complete the College Admissions Requirements and the Practical Nursing Program Admissions Requirements listed above. The prerequisite courses typically take two to three semesters to complete for students who enter the college without any college credits.
If I do not complete the requirements for the program in time to be accepted, can I reapply?
Yes. To reapply, simply visit the Office of Admissions or contact us at Houston Grey Sleeve Font Authentic Texans T-shirt Long or 712.325.3277 and request to change your start term.
How will I know if I get accepted to the Practical Nursing Program?White Limited 3 Jake Huskies Browning College Stitched Jersey
Approximately two weeks after acceptance begins, which is January 31 for the Fall semester and September 1 for the Spring semester, you will receive a letter from the Office of Admissions indicating your admissions status. If the program is not yet full at that time, we will continue accepting students who complete the requirements until the program fills.
What do I need to do once I get accepted to the Practical Nursing Program?
Students accepted to the Practical Nursing Program will have to complete a few additional steps in order to be ready to begin the nursing program, which include registering for classes, attending a nursing orientation event, and completing criminal background check and physical paperwork. All of these steps will be included in your letter of acceptance or in additional communication from the Nursing Department.