College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Stitched
To be considered for freshman admission, you must successfully complete the following high school unit requirements:
- 4 units of English (including grammar, composition and literature)
- 3 units of college preparatory mathematics (units must be Algebra I or higher, Math I or higher and include Algebra II; Transitional Math for High School Seniors will also be accepted)
- 4 units of social studies/fine arts (any combination of social studies, fine arts or humanities will fulfill the requirement; combination must include U.S. studies/history)
- 3 units of science (recommended units include biology, chemistry, physics, anatomy and environmental science)
- 2 units of the same world language (American Sign Language is acceptable)
Please note: Meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission to the Morgantown campus.
In addition to the high school unit requirements listed above, you must meet the following requirements based on your residency.
- West Virginia residents: must have at least a 2.0 cumulative high school GPA and either a super scored ACT composite of 19 or a super scored SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math Section score of 990 (post-March 2016 test sitting). SAT scores will not be super scored across pre-March 2016 scores and post-March 2016 scores.
- College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Nonresidents: must have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA and either a super scored ACT composite of 21 or a super scored SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing and Math Section score of 1060 (post-March 2016 test sitting). SAT scores will not be super scored across pre-March 2016 sittings and post-March sittings 2016.
All applications must be accompanied by an official transcript. Essays and letters of recommendation are not required and will not be considered in the admission decision.
College and Program Admission Requirements for First-Time Freshmen
Admission to the University does not ensure admission into a specific school or college. Some colleges and programs have additional admission standards that exceed the requirements for admission to WVU. Also, some Engineering majors may reach capacity and therefore will be restricted from entry.
Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
|Engineering Track 1||3.00||-||-||28Stitched Red Blank College Trojans Jersey||-||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray -||660|
|Engineering Track 2||2.75||-||-||26||-||-||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray 610|
|Engineering Track 3||2.50||-||-||22||-||-||540|
College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray College of Creative Arts
|GPA||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Composite||English||Math||Composite||EBRW||Math|
|Direct admission to major||3.00||-||-||-||-||-||-|
College of Education and Human Services
|Child Development and Family Studies||2.50||-||-||-||-||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray -||-|
|Pre-Speech Pathology and Audiology||3.00||23||-||-||1140||-||-|
College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
|GPA||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Composite||English||Math||Composite||EBRW||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Math|
|Sport Management||3.50||24||-||-||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray 1180||-||-|
Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
|Forensic and Investigative Science Majors||-||-||-||22||-||-||540|
|GPA||Composite||EnglishStitched Artavis Limited Jersey Tigers College Purple 3 Scott||Math||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Composite||EBRW||Math|
John Chambers College of Business and Economics
|Admission to the Chambers College of Business and Economics||-||-||-||19||-||-||510|
|Direct admission to major||3.00||-||-||22||-||-||540|
School of Dentistry
School of Medicine
|College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray Immunology and Medical Microbiology||3.70||-||-||26||-||-||610|
|Medical Laboratory Science||2.00||-||-||26||-||-||540|
School of Nursing
Due to a high-volume of qualified applicants, West Virginia University has temporarily closed direct admission for 2019 first-time freshmen to the School of Nursing – Morgantown campus. Eligible candidates will be admitted to the pre-nursing program.
Direct admissions for 2019 first-time freshmen to the WVU School of Nursing Beckley and Keyser campuses are still being accepted.
For fall 2020 first-time freshmen, the priority deadline for direct admission to the School of Nursing - Morgantown campus is December 1.
School of Pharmacy
|GPA||Composite||English||Math||Composite||EBRWGreat Danes Albany Purple Strong Team Hoodie Pullover||Math|
|Direct Admit Pathway Pharmacy||3.50||26||-||26||1230||-||610|
School of Public Health
|GPA||Composite||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray English||Math||Composite||EBRW||MathCrimson College Red Najee Jersey Tide Stitched Harris 22 Limited|
|Public Health||3.00||College Limited Gridiron Hurts Jersey Crimson Jalen Tide 2 Gray -||-||-||-||-||-|
About Test Super Scores
WVU combines the highest sub-scores from different test dates to create a “super score” total or composite for admissions and scholarship consideration eligibility. WVU does not require you to take the optional written component of the ACT examination or the SAT Essay.
SAT: WVU will continue to accept pre-March 2016 SAT scores. If SAT scores are received for both pre-March 2016 and post-March 2016 sittings, super scores will be calculated separately. A set of super scores will exist for the pre-March scores and a set of super scores will exist for the post-March scores. WVU does not require the essay portion of the SAT test.
How GPA is Calculated and Evaluated
Grade-point average (GPA) is based on information received from a student’s high school transcript. The most recent cumulative GPA on the transcript is used when determining admission to the University. This is the same GPA used by the Undergraduate Scholarship Office when determining scholarship eligibility.
WVU reviews high school GPA based on a four-point grading scale. In most instances, WVU will consider weighted GPA when determining eligibility for admission and scholarships. WVU reserves the right to recalculate GPA when the weighted or non-weighted GPA falls outside of the four-point scale or in other instances where recalculation is deemed appropriate.